fbpx
Freedom Front Plus
Search
Freedom Front Plus

Police denies intimidation – Malema drove with blue lights

The acting commissioner of Police, Lt.-Gen. JK Phalane, is denying that the Police had at all been involved in the incident that the leader of the EFF, Julius Malema, alleged had taken place when twelve armed police members had intimidated him. He reacted yesterday to a question of Dr. Pieter Groenewald (MP) of the Freedom Front Plus in the portfolio committee on Police, regarding the incident.

“According to Lt.-Gen. Phalane, it had been twelve members of the Johannesburg Metro Police (JMPD) and the reason for Malema’s vehicle to be pulled over was that he had been driving with a blue light, and it caused suspicion with the JMPD.

“If Malema’s vehicle did use a blue light, it is illegal, and he must be prosecuted. If the Metro Police members were wrong, steps have to be taken against them. There are often complaints against the Metro Police, who abuse their power, and this cannot be allowed.

“Malema has, however, in the past (August 2011) said in public that his life is in danger and that the Police had to search his house on two occasions for bombs. Following a question, I asked in parliament, the minister of Police, however, denied that there had been any search of his house.

“It cannot be allowed that the Police are used as political propaganda. I will ask that the case is properly investigated so that the correct facts are revealed,” Dr. Groenewald, the chief spokesperson of the FF Plus on Police, said.

 

Contact no.: 083 627 4397 / 083 419 5403

 

Previous bomb threat:

MEDIA RELEASE

SUBJECT : Police does not know anything about Malema’s bomb threats

ISSUED BY : Mr. Pieter Groenewald

CAPACITY : FF Plus Chief Spokesperson: Police

DATE : 15 September 2011

The Minister of Police, Nathi Mthethwa, has confirmed that the Police did not receive any complaints from Julius Malema about bomb threats or that his house was searched for explosives. He was responding in writing to a question posed by Mr. Pieter Groenewald of the Freedom Front Plus in Parliament. Malema said during a radio program that his house had to be searched by the Police on two occasions due to threats that he had received.

“Somewhere somebody is lying. Malema says his house was searched by the Police following bomb threats, but the minister of Police is denying it. I believe the minister is speaking the truth. Malema definitely has an inferiority complex problem and wants to create the impression that he is an important person who is being targeted. With these types of actions, Malema wants to win support amongst the working classes by creating the impression that he is also suffering despite his wealth and that he is being targeted because he is fighting for the poor and the unemployed,” Pieter Groenewald, the chief spokesperson of the Freedom Front Plus on Police, said.

 

Contact no.: 083 627 4397

 

 

Bomb squad searches Malema’s house twice

August 2 2011

The bomb squad had to search ANC Youth League president Julius Malema's house twice after he received threats, he said during on interview on Talk Radio 702 yesterday.

Listeners were given an
hour to call the radio station and ask Malema questions.
A caller asked Malema why he needed bodyguards.

“I have bodyguards because of the possibility of being mobbed and my life has been threatened,” Malema said.

“Sometimes you can’t even move an inch and you need someone to help you survive those things.”

Malema said in the past two weeks someone in the ANC had claimed to have been offered R1 million to kill him. – SAPA

 

ANTWOORD VAN MINISTER:

QUESTION NO 2075

DATE OF PUBLICATION IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER: 12 AUGUST 2011

(INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO 23- 2011)

 

Date reply submitted: 06 September 2011

2075. Mr P J Groenewald (FF Plus) to ask the Minister of Police:

(1) Whether the SA Police Service (SAPS) has received any complaints from a certain person (name furnished) or his representatives regarding bomb threats received at his property; if so, in each case, (a) when, (b) where was the complaint lodged, (c) who lodged the complaint and (d) in respect of which property were the bomb threats made;

(2) whether the SAPS has conducted any investigation in respect of each threat; if not, why not; if so,

(3) whether the SAPS has found any bombs, explosive devices or explosives; if so, what type of bomb, device or explosives were found in each case;

(4) whether he will make a statement on the matter?

 

NW2346E

REPLY:

(1) The Provincial Commissioner of SAPS in Gauteng and Limpopo provinces, where Julius Malema is known to have property verified their records. No complaints of bomb threats were received from Mr Julius Malema or his representative by the SAPS in these two (2) provinces.

(a) Not applicable

(b) No complaints were received/lodged

(c) Not applicable

(d) Not applicable

(2) No investigations were conducted by SAPS as no complaints regarding bomb threats were received/lodged.

(3) Not applicable.

(4) No.

Reply to question 2075 approved by the Minister.

 

SHARE THIS:

RELATED POSTS

Wil jy voortgaan in Afrikaans of Engels?

Kies hieronder.

Would you like to continue in English or Afrikaans?

Choose below.