Plan to improve municipalities
The FF Plus’s concrete 8-point plan for the improvement of municipal management and service delivery can be summarised as follows:
1. Stop the appointment of officials who are not appointed on merit and appoint the best person for the job – regardless of skin colour, stop racial discrimination and focus on a better future for everyone. Place an immediate moratorium on affirmative action with regards to scarce skills and positions which have been vacant for more than 90 days.
2. Decentralise local governments and devolve power as close as possible to the community through sub-councils and smaller municipalities.
3. Cherish and respect diversity and stop unnecessary changing of place and street names. Promote multilingualism in council meetings.
4. Levy fair taxes and tariffs and stop unfair increases.
5. Create a favourable environment for the private sector to stimulate economic growth and create sustainable job opportunities – in particular by establishing free trade zones.
6. Promote good moral values.
7. Act as the balance of power within a multiparty government and fight for the rights of FF Plus voters within such governments.
8. Act as effective watchdog with regards to maladministration, corruption, incompetence, etc. and fulfil a dynamic structured opposition role.
Found this interesting? Share it!